Thursday, November 15, 2012

Just what the world needs... another blog

Particularly from someone who already has a backlog of unfinished posts at another blog. There is a method to the madness here. I've been doing most of my blogging for a site called West Coast Stat Views (formerly Observational Epidemiology) which features analytic takes on various topics including education.

Back in my salad days, I taught high school math and English and college math and statistics and I accumulated a stockpile math games, puzzles, tips, exercises and the like. Some of these fit in at the stat blog but many don't. Besides I wanted to get this material to teachers, parents and math buffs, some of whom wouldn't have much interest in most of the topics covered on the other blog.

This site also gives me a chance to try a different approach to blogging. Since few of these posts will be topical, I'll be making aggressive use of the scheduling option to make sure that there's a steady stream of posts. Some of them will be recycled, others may be a bit on the short side, but every week you'll see at least one or two new posts.

Let me know what you think.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment